Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Les Règles

Dear readers Mom and Dad,
I'd like to apologize for the radio silence recently.  It seems I'm not a very good blogger, or at lease a very faithful one.  To be fair, not much has happened since my last post.  I've been a good little student, going to classes and studying (sort of).  The classes are really laid back, so there's not much homework. 

After almost two weeks of "trial classes" I've picked the classes I will take for the semester.  They are "The European Union," "France as a Tourist Destination," and "International Marketing." OK, those might not be the exact titles, but they're pretty close. 

For the two or three of you reading who aren't my mother or father, you should know that I'll be meeting my family in Paris this weekend!  It will be a magical adventure, filled with too much patriotism from my father, and the exhausted ramblings of my sisters, who will most likely detest French food.  I'm super excited.  But really, their craziness is going to make it even more fun and unique.  After all, what's a family vacation without a few (or about ten) roadblocks?  If family vacations in America (where everyone speaks English) are interesting, a family vacation in a foreign country should give me enough material to write my own novel. 

Anyways, that's all I've got for now.  Since I don't want this post to be completely pointless, here are a few useful facts I've learned about France:

1.) You must bring your own bags to grocery shop.  They don't supply bags...ever.
2.) At restaurants, tips are never required.  They are appreciated occasionally, but not necessary.
3.) When going out at night, ladies should never have bare legs.  Apparently pantyhose are still a thing in France (yuck).
4.) There are few (if any) rules about bringing pets into stores.  Dogs are allowed and even welcomed into most places, even clothing stores!
5.) Parking rules are not enforced (if there are any).  Don't be surprised if you're walking down the sidewalk and a car decides to park right in front of you.  Sidewalks are equal opportunity parking spaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment