Sunday, February 26, 2012

Le Premier Voyage

This weekend I took my first "official" trip in France!  We went to a nearby town called Clermont-Ferrand.  It's much bigger than Vichy, so the shopping is better.  Plus, there's this AMAZING church built entirely out of rock from the region.  It's some sort of lava rock, so it's a dark, black color.
 


Pretty impressive, huh?  I could have stared at it for hours, but I'll do that some other time.  The rest of our trip involved a lot of shopping, an Irish pub, some partying (don't worry mom, nothing major), and a VERY crowded hotel room.  We had two hotel rooms that were supposed to be for three people each.  There were nineteen of us.  Yeah.  I slept on the floor with a blanket and used someone's bag as a pillow.  I'm a bit sore today, but at least it added to the adventure!

To top it all off, we found out that the buses don't run on Sunday (or so we thought), so we had to walk a lot to get to a tram station to take us to the train station.  I'm sure we painted an interesting picture, with all nineteen (I think?) of us meandering down the road with backpacks and bedhead.  We finally made it back in the afternoon, and I think most of us just crashed for a much-needed nap. 

I must say I'm pretty happy with my first trip in France.  Not everything went as planned, but that's what makes it an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment