Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patrick's Day

If you are part of the world at all, you know that this past Saturday was St. Patrick's Day.  The only thing better than being in France on that day would be to be in Ireland, but that's expensive, dangerous, and mostly insane.  Anyways, I'm glad I got to spend the day with some of my lovely friends here in Vichy.  It was certainly a day to remember.  Here's the basic rundown in photo form:
Here we are at the park by the river in the afternoon.  It was a glorious day!
Next, we returned to our residence to create a delicious rabbit stew (yes rabbit)!  It was quite delicious thanks to my the lovely lady shown in this picture with me.  Her name is Merryn.  She's pretty much the coolest Canadian/person I've ever met (although all the Canadians here are pretty awesome).  Please note the clover on my cheek, compliments of my friend Adriana!
Soon after, we walked a short distance to a place called La Gaulois (I'm almost positive that's not how it's spelled).  As usual, we travel in a huge pack of English-speakers, so we got some weird looks, especially because we were all wearing SO MUCH green!
Sadly, that's where the picture trail ends.  After La Gaulois, we went back to the residence to hang out in the common room (and probably wake up everyone in the building).  Noteworthy events included 15 of our people getting stuck in our building's tiny elevator for 40 minutes (it's only supposed to fit 8 people), and the unexplained disappearance of a new friend (I'm still not sure about his whereabouts...but I think he's all right). 

As you can see/read, it was probably the most eventful St. Patrick's Day I've ever experienced.  Usually, I wear green and try not to get pinched into oblivion.  As for the rest of this week, more classes await me!  Then this weekend I get to meet the lovely Marie in Paris!  She's studying abroad in Italy, so I can't wait to hear about her adventures.  You can check them out for yourself at her blog.  Just click on the "To Italy" link in the sidebar!  That's all for now.  Au revoir!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a fabulous St. Patrick's Day! I am so glad to see you are having fun! The memories you are making with be with you for a lifetime, and possibly even some of your new friends. I love you!

    ReplyDelete