Friday, February 10, 2012

J'ai Froid!

For those of you who are not French speakers, I'll translate the title of this post to you.  Translated directly into English, it literally says "I have cold."  However, in French it is the equivalent of saying "I am cold" in English.  I think the literal translation is the best description of what I'm feeling right now.  My hands are shaking as I try to type (oops, I just had to try to type the word "type" four times).  No joke.  I'm not just cold.  I HAVE cold.  It is me.  I am the cold.  I'm going to go grab another coat and then continue.

Part of this cold is due to the fact that I didn't learn how to fully close my window until late today.  Turns out it wasn't complicated but the window sits crooked on its hinges and you have to push it up to lock it into place.  Anyways, to get past this unbearable cold, I'd like to share this survival guide from my friend Marie's blog.  She is much more clever than me, so her post about surviving the cold is better than anything I could think up.  She's a natural Witmaster.  To see the original post, click here.  Here is an excerpt:

How to Survive a Cold Apartment
1. Wear lots of layers (including, but not limited to: sweaters, hats, scarves, blankets, long johns, etc.).
2. Put on more layers.
3. Wear, at minimum, 4 pairs of socks.
4. Make coffee; cradle hot mug as if it were your firstborn.
5. Laugh about how cold it is.
6. Complain about how cold it is.
7. Hug radiator.
8. Google frostbite symptoms.
9. Repeat Step 2.
10. Make a how-to survival guide to pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment